Dragon Age: Faith Misplaced
Main Plot Quests
The Eye of the Storm
Kotin, whatever he is, must be stopped. His ambitions are matched only by his raw magical talent. If the Wolves do nothing he will sweep across Thedas like a mighty storm, blasting and burning everything the humans have built, and building elven wonders upon the ashes of the human cities.
Kotin is allies with Fen’Harel’s Gift of Blood Vengeance, and has already made use of them once as a sacrifice to contact all elves of Thedas with an offer: join him and Thedas shall once again belong to the elves; refuse and die with the humans. He captured the continent’s attention with this move, and now all of Thedas buzzes about the “Elven Blood King.”
Kotin now seeks the aid of the Dalish elves, the city elves, and the enslaved elves of Thedas. If they can be turned to his cause, Thedas may burn until only elves stand to build atop the remains.
- The Dalish have called an Arlathven only two years after the previous one, they wish to deliberate on this development
- City elves are traveling from their alienages and gathering at Val Royeaux’s alienage for a meeting of elders
- Kotin sends covert envoys to the countless elven slaves of the Tevinter Imperium, whispering of freedom
- It is currently unknown where Kotin’s base of operations is, finding him could be a boon to any attempts to strike back
For the Love of the People
An emergency Arlathven has been called in the wake of Kotin’s message to the elves of Thedas. The elves have been bid to gather at the ruins of a temple to Sylaise in the Dales. Clans from across Thedas have sent representatives to speak at this meeting, and Kotin will surely have someone appear for him as well. If his contact is taken seriously, then a competent and covert force would suddenly be in Kotin’s hands.
- Attend the Arlathven with the other Keepers
- Keep other Dalish travelers safe on the road
- Convince the Dalish Keepers to join with the Wolves instead of the Gift
- Counter any dangerous measures that Kotin’s followers may use to convert the hesitant
City elves have much to gain from an elf-ruled world, but the sudden changes have frightened the meek city elves across Thedas. Elders and their bodyguards move towards the largest gathering of city elves in recorded history in the alienage of Val Royeaux to make a decision. Kotin has friends even among these downtrodden, and they would see the impoverished elves join Kotin’s movement. With countless elves in the service of the human elite across Thedas, many secrets could be spilled, followed by much blood.
- Meet with the city elf elders in Val Royeaux
- Convince the elders to side with the Wolves
- Some humans may seek to intervene, and they must be deflected
Blood for Blood
While the elves supposedly escaped their enslavement with Andraste’s promise, many elves could not leave their servitude, knowing only the chains they had been raised in. Kotin’s message to the elves of Thedas reached countless elven slaves in the northern empire of Tevinter, and the elves have been reacting. Some elves rise up against their masters, so run away, and some tell the others to stay quiet and get back in line. Regardless, this has been a tumultuous time for the Imperium, and slave hunters have been in great demand for the sudden exodus of runaways, but these escapees have help. An old legend in the Imperium, passed though whispers by the elven slaves, speaks of the Green Fox. The Green Fox is an elven servant by day, but a vigilante by night, working tirelessly to free the elven people from the grip of the Imperium. Entire houses of slave have gone missing with nothing but a painting of a green leaf in the slave’s quarters, the calling card of the Green Fox. The Green Fox has had his hands full recently and has come to seek aid from Kotin, but his travels may soon put him into contact with others who may help him…
- Make contact with the Green Fox
- Secure their cooperation
- Follow their lead into the Imperium and find out what they need
- Discover any hold Kotin might be having in the Imperium
- Either help the elves rise up against their masters in violent rebellion, or slowly sneak them out quietly to freedom and safety